Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Chisolm: many different ways to build a winner
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #15 (permalink)
Deez
at MSG failing a pointless 360 degree dunk during a losing streak

Lackey

Representing:

I agree with the article in that there are several ways to build a team and you don't do a perpetual tank.

I also think it's kind of lame to pick out a couple of teams that are doing O.K. in the playoffs and say, "See? You don't need star talent through drafts." The draft can be VERY helpful in making a team a contender. And it's right in your face that most of the actual winning is done by teams with stud players who get all the calls by refs. It's like a parade to the foul line.

It reminds me of the baseball arguement that teams that don't spend can still win by pointing out 1 or 2 teams that do well in the playoffs while the big spenders keep showing up in the playoffs most years and 25 other teams have no shot.

I'd be surprised if there are many Raps fans who want to continue tanking. Tanking is what the system forces you to do often when you are not cities like L.A., N.Y. Chicago, Dallas and Miami. (and when you are Toronto and run your program like you are Milwaukee).
Deez is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote