Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Chisolm: many different ways to build a winner
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummond so people stop whining

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSWC View Post
Good written article from a different perspective.

I think it's pretty obvious that this team is unable to tank under Casey, and although BC catches some flack, this financial rebuild was a necessity, and I believe he has put us in a situation that does really allow for flexibility. Like Chisholm says, the draft- at best- is a crap-shoot

We have a decent core, and now we can make a splash in free agency.

A lot of people will say "but the goal is not to be a treadmill team, but to win it all", but to "win it all", you have to make strides first. I think BC will make a couple of big free agent acquisitions, and even if we only squeak into the playoffs for the next year or two, we get some of our younger core a good taste at what it takes to be successful, and how different playoff basketball really is.
Take a look at the Eastern Conference. Beyond Miami, Chicago, Indiana what do you have? No a lot. There is no reason why we can't be in the mix after those teams with Philadelphia, Orlando......with a couple solid additions this summer. Especially if Valanciunas can be just decent in his rookie year.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote