Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Chris Bosh on CBC's "The Hour" on Feb 28th
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 10:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Best known as a VJ for Toronto-based MuchMusic, the 30-year-old broadcaster is so attuned to the renegade spirit of rock that even the real rock stars have taken notice. As the story goes, after Stroumboulopoulos interviewed U2, Bono called MTV and said, "You have to hire this guy."
"His group of people were talking to MTV and saying they should be interested in what I do," explains Stroumboulopoulos. "I bumped into Bono at a party in L.A. after their tour and he sort of apologized to me for doing that. He said, 'I don't want you to leave Canada.' I know he likes what I do here. But I was touched, because that's a pretty good reference. By the way, where did you hear about that?" Actually, the info came from Dave Grohl, former drummer for Nirvana, Foo Fighters front man and a Stroumboulopoulos fan. "It's not often that you find someone with integrity and knowledge of music that holds a position like he does," says Grohl, who watches Stroumboulopoulos's metal show, MuchLoud, on satellite at home in Virginia. "Usually they just find a pretty face."
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote