Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Grizz: Raps in the clutch
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 09:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:
Raptors Grizz: Raps in the clutch

Grizz has decided to share his excellent writing talents with us. Check it out...

Quote:
A topic that has been gaining quite a but of press around the league in the last few seasons is clutch play. It’s a topic that blends the lines of stats and narrative to create constant debate among sports fans. Such a complex category can cause quite a bit of disagreement among basketball experts, and I’m far from such, so I offer my analysis while still trying to give you enough data so you can come to your own conclusions. We can debate what even constitutes clutch play, but for my purposes I will lean towards the last few minutes of a game rather than game winning/tying shots, as I feel clutch play is random enough on it’s own, let alone breaking it down even further to a play or two a game. Also note there is plenty of work out there that will analyze clutch play among the superstars of the league, by better writers with better resources than I, so you won’t find that here. We’ll be focusing strictly Raptors for this piece.
Raptors Blog Grizz: Raps in the clutch - Toronto Raptors Blog & Message Forum
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote