Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - NYK in cap hell
Thread: NYK in cap hell
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 10:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
ClutchCity
up there

][__ . //-\\ .

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Haverchuck View Post
His overall NBA playoff track record sucks. But, to be fair, he did get to the EC finals in 2009 and helped Denver push the eventual champs (Lakers) to 6 games.

I really don't like his current attitude, but he was a dominant force in the 2009 playoffs. I think it's possible he could find that game again. I don't think he'll do it in New York with the current roster, but he might alonside another lineup. It wouldn't hurt if there was a strong vet presence, similar to Chauncy, saying "you ain't jacking 30 shots bro....let's get you 18-20 quality looks and move the ball"
I agree he's not good, but I don't blame him for his post season failures.

In his rookie year (03-04) he played a Minnesota team that won 58 games. Lost in the first round...but he's a rook so you can't really blame him here.

The following season he was eliminated in the first round by a Spurs team that ended up winning the championship. Can't blame him here.

The next season (05-06) he lost to LAC in the first round. His 3rd season. This is the only season he might have been reasonably expected to win a series but lost.

The next year he lost to the Spurs in the first round who ended up winning the championship. Can't blame him here.

The next year (07-08) he lost to LAL in the first round who ended up going to the Finals and lost in 6 games to BOS. Can't blame him here.

The next season he beat NOH and DAL, and lost to the LAL in the WCF in 6 games. Lakers ended up winning the championship. Can't blame him here.

The next season (09-10) he lost to UTH first round. I guess he should have won here but this is the season George Karl had cancer and wasn't able to coach the team. That had to hurt Denver's chances and I give Melo a pass here.

The next season (last year) he played BOS in the first round but didn't have Amar'e and Billups for most of the series. Had to play with bums like Tony Douglas, Bill Walker, Jared Jeffries, and Ronnie Turiaf. They nearly won the first two games, but no way he was expected to win that series by himself.

Then this season he goes up against the best team in the NBA in the MIA Heat. No way he was expected to win, especially with injuries to Lin and Shumpert. Amar'e can't play with Melo (and vice-versa). Amare' also can't play with Chandler. Amar'e needs to go IMO. So again, you can't blame him here.

The one thing you can say about Anthony is that he hasn't won enough in the regular season. Maybe if he won more games he wouldn't have to be matched up with top seeds in the first round (like LAL, MIN, and SAS twice). He sucks as a player, but one cannot reasonably expect him to win many of the series he's played in.
ClutchCity is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote