Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Great Shlep
Thread: The Great Shlep
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 07:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
LX
with pink peppercorns

In the Paint

Representing:

I'm not trying to dispute what you're saying Bel, I just think that there's a lot less room opened up for women's creativity, and I agree that less is there for men as time goes on as well. I could say the same thing about women comics, but things are actually getting much better in that area as opposed to the days when the male cast of SNL would be openly hostile to the female cast. Now I personally discount the popular tv comics and musicians for the most part, but they do have an effect on the kinds of possibilities that ordinary kids can see for themselves, and a lot of the women I have seen as young women or girls, have had a very limited idea of what being creative means to them. For the most part they have looked to be the girlfriend, or groupie of a creative person rather than the person that does the creating. And yet in many underground scenes that gets broken through, but ignored far too much so that it might have a greater effect on future generations.

But I hear what you're saying Bel, and don't really disagree.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote