Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Junior Seau dead at 43
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 01:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Grizz
waiting for his team to return

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
The dude from the Bears that shot himself in the chest last year did so in order that his brain could be studied. This concussion shit is getting really scary. And it's a daily affair in football. I heard Jack Youngblood interviewed by Jim Rome earlier this year, and he said that when he played he had some form of concussion every single day. He carried two ammonia capsules at all times just in case he blacked out. Now he played like a madman, but I think the kind of impact from bigger and faster bodies after his time playing would have meant more brains rattling around. I have to wonder how many more athletes are going to end up this way.
Looking into concussion research is terrifying. I think it's completely realistic that there will be no football as we know it 50 years from now. Recent research says the day to day normal contact they go through is even worse than the big hits they take.
Grizz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote