Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Toronto should consider trading down in the draft !!
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 11:45 AM   #27 (permalink)
Kirby
Masai Ujiri

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by @BaileysBlitz View Post
Toronto isn't going to win the championship in a couple of years,
Even if the sign a few veterans or non rookies,they way the team is built now if they make the playoffs next season (a big IF) they'll get swept by Bulls, Heat
Or Pacers.

They need to think 3-5 years from now.
OKC for example has been working on their blueprint since 07 when they drafted Durant,5 years later they're favored to advance to the West Finals. Their plan began to blossom 3 years after Durant was drafted.

That's Toronto & the BC regime's problem,it seems like they have no plan. The Raptors don't even have a legit player/star to build around yet. Whether traded or kept, he's drafted 7 big men (Power Fowards/Centers) and 1 shooting guard during his tenure as GM. Not one legitimate small forward or point guard,coincidentally those are the two positions they are lacking in the most.

Also Roy Hibbert (All Star), Goran Drajic, Jared Dudley , Norris Cole & Jonas Jerebiko notably were all taken with Toronto's pick (many of which were late first or second round picks) traded away by BC. I'm pretty sure ALL of you would take at least two of those players on the Raptors now...oh yeah, all Toronto has to show for that is James Johnson and the TPE (if they still have it)

I'm not suggesting anything like Toronto needs to dump BC but whatever his plan was,should've been in effect by now and I don't buy the Chris Bosh leaving excuse,that possibility was well known in advance.
if you're Toronto and you haven't had much success in almost ever with players, it's kinda hard to trade the one bright spot of the franchise you know?

I don't care about what rookies may become, having three rookies on the same team pose as a problem especially with a team full of young, developing players.

we'll see what BC's all in plan is.
Kirby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote