Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Toronto should consider trading down in the draft !!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
MBailey85
wanted the Bucks :(

Representing:
Raptors Toronto should consider trading down in the draft !!

It's no secret that the Raptors need help an upgrade at Small Forward and a future Point Guard. UNC Players Harrison Barnes and Kendall Marshall make sense but there's a 50/50 chance that Barnes will be available at 8th (if Toronto doesn't move up by the ping pong balls).

I'm not personally convinced that Marshall is the answer at Point Guard. I actually think that Marquis Teague from Kentucky will be a better fit for the Raptors. Teague is projected to go middle to late in the draft.

This idea may get ripped on this board but if the Raptors stay at 8th, and Barnes, Bradley Beal & Michael Kidd Gilchrist are gone by then,Toronto should consider trading down in this draft,which has a lot of talent. I would probably trade down even if Barnes was available at 8th too for more picks or a lower pick and player(s).

The best trade mate in this situation is Houston who own the 14th and 16th overall picks. Toronto could then draft Kentucky teammates Marquis Teague & Terrance Jones. Even if they don't want those two players there will still be a slew of prospect available then. Point Guard's Marshall or Damian Lillard may still even be there at 14.

Houston desperately needs an upgrade on the wing. Perry Jones III could help them or they could draft Jared Sullinger to play upfront with Luis Scola. They may even get lucky enough to see Barnes still on the board. Jones III, Sullinger & Barnes won't likely be available at 14.

•Trade Scenario's (all picks are 2012)

To Toronto: Rockets 1st's (14th & 16th)
To Houston: Raptors 1st (8th), 2nd (56th) & James Johnson

To Houston: Raptors 1st (8th) & 2nd (37th)

To Houston: Raptors 1st (8th), James Johnson & Gary Forbes

To Toronto: Rockets 1st's (14th & 16th) & Courtney Lee
To Houston: Raptors 1st (8th), 2nd (37th) & James Johnson or Linas Kleiza

To Toronto: Rockets 1st (14th) & Courtney Lee
To Houston: Raptors 1st (8th) & 2nd (37th) or Gary Forbes

Let me know your thoughts RF members?

Last edited by MBailey85; 05-02-2012 at 06:50 PM.
MBailey85 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote