Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Trade up the draft ?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
LKeet6
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
no, that is not what i'm saying. analysts have been raving about anthony davis all year. saying stuff like he has top 20 all time potential and the best pure prospect since lebron james. and your telling me that he could only turn out to be a noah type player. then hell ya i'm risking that.
but none of this matters tho. say we had the number 1 pick and another team came to you with this offer. you wouldn't do it right?
i probably wouldn't do it becuase i'm invested in the number 1 pick and i'm planning my team around that. It's all about perspective. As the Raptors i wouldn't do it becuase it involves giving up 3 of our last 4 1st round picks who we've invested time in. As the picker of davis i know i'd get criticised for giving him up as well, but secretly i may well feel tempted by being offered 3 nice pieces.

Davis may end up being the best pick since james in which case i'd probably change my mind, but i still believe DD can be a very good player and Ed can improve or be involved in a nice trade for us, ditto our pick this year although that is much more up in the air.
LKeet6 is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote