Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 97

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 101

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 109

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 120

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 124

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 132

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 201

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/init.php on line 378

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/raptors/public_html/f/includes/class_core.php on line 2514
Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Why are we building around the worst rebounding big in the NBA?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 11:09 AM   #58 (permalink)
LX
effin' ineffable

In the Paint

Representing:

Bargnani did go a long way in not costing this team so much in all areas, including offensively, where he was much more efficient, for 13 games at least. But I look at what this team needs to do to get better, and that still includes defense. As much as AB, and the team as a whole improved, they still relied too much on the system's mechanics, and not enough on reading and reacting. They were able to improve the odds and statistics throughout games, but they also relied on a lot on fouling, which had an overall negative impact on the offense (since they had to play more half court sets against set defenses). And ultimately they didn't look to have great success at getting stops when they were required most. Many times in those situations, Bargnani's poor rebounding came into play, and that spells losing regardless of how numbers average out.

Personally, I'd like to see a shutdown defense that can provide easy offense in transition come into play, and that happens in my mind by converting Bargnani's value for pieces that fit better in that respect. Otherwise, my gut tells me that this team hits a ceiling pretty quickly.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key