Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The possibilities
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
DSWC
only wearing black until something darker comes along

Representing:
Default The possibilities

I was writing a response to another thread, when I was thinking of what the Raps were going to do this season. While writing it, I realized, that...whoa. There are SO many possibilities.

Without getting in to specifics (if you choose not to), how do the Raptors manage their assets?

Do they use the pick? Trade the pick?
Amnesty any player?
Make a blockbuster move?
Make a trade? Make several smaller trades?
Sign 1 massive free agent? Sign a few pieces instead?
Make a draft-day deal?
Hold pat?

For me, here's what I was thinking, before I realized that...well... I have NO clue.

Scenario 1
I think that the Raptors use their pick (and as of now for a PG of SF), and make a either draft-day deal, or one shortly thereafter (similar to the Charlie V for TJ Ford deal) for the other position and then round out the roster with a few signings - Like Barbosa, or similar players for depth.

Scenario 2
This is if the Raptors are more aggressive. They draft a player, make a trade for a SF, and sign a free-agent PG (maybe Nash) to a large contract. Only if BC gets carried away (because he's had to restrain himself all year) does he decide to amnesty somebody, and he signs another player/or makes a trade for a decent-sized contract SF.

I can see either situation working out, as BC will look to have a degree of success so that he is re-signed. What to YOU see happening this off-season? (Be as specific or general as you would like - although personally I'm not a big fan of fantasy trades where names are thrown around).
DSWC is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote