Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Why are we building around the worst rebounding big in the NBA?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 05:48 PM   #20 (permalink)
Bankiz
making funny and strange dark trade in his mind !!!

Representing:

i always had-have mix thoughts about bargs.
one season i like him as much as shit, one i don't care, and this one i find him better than shit, but he doesn't play trough a lot.

but to me, trade him to a team who badly need a PF/C scorer (like houston) and grab as many asset as you can.

but i remenber that dallas got trough the same critic with DIRk for more than a decade. and now everybody occult the bad defense of dirk.

you dont play a system base on utopia, you play a system with what you have, and you adapt your system with what you have to win. that(s how a coach should coach.

Now if you are not satisfied with what you have, you should ask your GM to provide something else.

Casey doesn't seem to care about barg lack of defense or low number, because he think he can run his defense with him.
the problem i think is when you have to below defender at 2 such important spot than the 1 and the 4.
if you want to win, and fight to win, one of the two ned to go and make place for a better player at one of the 2 spot where you don't have what you need.

so else you trade caldy or bargs. or both and make a huge splash trade to build properly.

i poll for this solution. yes caldy is a real general, buthe can run a defense with an average defender like DD, a solid one like JJ, an futur maybe-good one with JV, and an inconstistent-modd defender like Barg.

No team had never won nothing with that.

to me dragic can run the defense as well as the offense better than caldy for this team and then make barg better. or don't make him as weak. because dragic put high pressure on other pg.
then barg will be no more the big problem on defense, because you have what you need to disrupt in backcourt.

Now barg can be a star at PF, and provide our team with more than he did the last 6 season. maybe.

we can discuss that for eterniy, since the lottery isn't here.
what do you think BC will do if we grab the 1st and get Davis. do you trade barg or not to go forward ? i do. but for now, we don't have a better PF than him. so until we find one (FA or draft) we need him to play to his best duriong at least next season, and show us how wrong we are. (yeah, i know we wait for it since 2006 !!!)

LOL !!!
Bankiz is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote