Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Why are we building around the worst rebounding big in the NBA?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
LKeet6
Likes raw prospects with a great work ethic...

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Thank god someone on this board pointed this out. Bargs has never even averaged 7 boards/game. I'm sorry but your starting PF who plays 30-35 mpg needs to haul down at least 7 boards/game. I wouldn't mind sullinger. The problem is that our GM loves Bargs and despite whatever happens, he'll continue to love him and treasure him despite his inefficiencies.

He's had one good stretch of games and we're all supposed to pretend that those 5 other seasons didn't happen.
but why are people so fixated on this number!? An extra 1.5rebs per game!? Also Bargs can avg well over 6 in a normal, 82 game season with no major injury problems. So by your calculation less than 1 board per game on average would make all the difference!? crazy IMO. An extra 1.5 offensive boards for the opposition? Not ideal, but not a gamechanger.

I think for most people the reb numbers always indicated a lack of effort and emphasis on that area, rather than the actual number itself. That could be put down to coaching as well. A lot of people thought he'd be too soft to adapt to casey's ways but he showed the effort most people wanted. He was a lot better in general on D even if the numbers didn't massively reflect it.
LKeet6 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote