Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Why are we building around the worst rebounding big in the NBA?
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 03:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Grizz
waiting for his team to return

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fk24 View Post
Bargnani at PF is such a liability and presents many holes we have to shore up. He gives up so many offensive rebounds and whatever he scores he gives back on the defensive end. This team shouldn't ignore certain guys in the draft because they play the same position as Bargnani.
If there was a surefire stud PF I might agree with you, but there's not. If you're going to be throwing darts at draft picks, you shouldn't throw them at guys who fill holes where you're already 3 players deep.

Bargs may not be a star, but he is a starting quality player, especially if he truly turned any sort of corner with his play at the start of last season. I see no reason he can't learn to be a Dirk level defender (devil's advocate: haven't seen much to prove he can either).

I think this year really screwed our evaluation of him, because we can't really know if the Bargs from the first 13 games can be sustained for a whole season or not. Teased us with what could be.
Grizz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote