Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - harper and godwin's law - reductio ad hitlerum
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2012, 06:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
pzabby
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
pzabby, you made a point of "what the US did was piss poor". Is that in regards to WWII? Do you mind expanding on that point? Also in regards to your point with Hitler (i.e. us not knowing if he ever wanted to kill all Jewish people) could you expand on that point?
well i exaggerated with the "piss poor" comment but I was referring to how the U.S sat down and did nothing for three years, only collecting massive finances, while the rest of the world was fighting off Hitler. It is, in my opinion, those three years which put U.S in the position they are today (outside of the economic crisis).

As with the jewish comment, I was referring to the fact that some say Hitler used the Jewish hate as something to uninize the german people, to strengthen the loyalty of the members of the state, so he could carry on his quest of world domination. Hate is a powerful emotion, and when mixed in with nationalism, can be deadly. So really it was either he was taking advantage of the concept that the german people thought they were the perfect race and that the jews were "ruining their race" or he truly did believe it himself to the extent to which it was portrayed.
pzabby is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote