Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - EC PLAYOFFS RD 1 : (2)MIA HEAT vs (7)NY KNICKS
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie

Representing:
Default EC PLAYOFFS RD 1 : (2)MIA HEAT vs (7)NY KNICKS

STARTERS:

MIA

Mario Chalmers
Dwyane Wade
LeBron James
Chris Bosh
Udonis Haslem(possibly Rony Turiaf/Joel Anthony)

NYK

Baron Davis
Iman Shumpert
Carmelo Anthony
Amare Stoudemire
Tyson Chandler

KEY ROTATION PLAYERS:

MIA

Mike Miller
Shane Battier
Rony Turiaf
Joel Anthony

NYK

JR Smith
Landry Fields
Steve Novak
Jared Jeffries

Key Matchups:

There are a lot of interesting matchups in this series, but I'll keep it short and sweet.

The only chance NY has of winning a few games, and this series in general, is if they somehow all of a sudden figure out their frontcourt situation and it becomes what it should be. The best frontcourt in the NBA. Carmelo, Amare, and Tyson need to figure out how to not only space the floor and sync offensively, but especially with Amare, defensively as well. Tyson Chandler needs to shut down CB on defence, and Amare needs to return to last years form for NY to upset in multiple games this series.

It doesnt really matter if Melo plays Lebron to a standstill, it's all going to come down to, from NYs side of things, if their frontcourt can impose their will on Miamis main weakness, the interior.

PREDICTION:

MIA in 5. I dont think NY is going to figure it out which is going to cause way too many long stretches of missed assignments defensively, and lack of spacing offensively especially with Miamis trapping defence where you need good spacing and to move the ball quickly. I expect this to be the most exciting series though, besides maybe LAC MEM.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote