Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The new Anthony Parker
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 01:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
MikeToronto
Gam zeh ya'avor

The Gatekeeper

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
I don't think it matters if he's a backup, it's not like he's going to defend the top stars in the league.

In any case, I was referring more to his bb IQ, he's a really smart player and he plays hard. At a minimum salary or close to, he would be fantastic off the bench. I'd much rather have him than JJ.

In my opinion, for bench guys, defense is not as important as for starters. If a defensive stopper can't start, he's almost useless (although asik would probably beg to differ, but he's different because he's a C).
The bolded part is where we have very different opinions. IMO, James Johnson is one of the players we absolutely have to retain, someone who fits the new team system very well and is still improving while having all the tools necessary to succeed at forward in the league. Anderson, on the other hand, is a WYSIWYG player, streaky with his shot, has veteran savvy, but that could easily be obtained elsewhere.
MikeToronto is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote