Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - ESPN: Draft fits for the Raptors
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 03:07 PM   #63 (permalink)
hates pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs

Originally Posted by thriller92 View Post
Why would we ever consider amnestying a good player like Calderon? Not only is he a solid PG, but he's an expiring contract, we could get something good for him at the deadline if nothing else. I really hope we hold on to him, get a starting PG, and have him come in as a backup PG. He'd be awesome in that role.

And in terms of the draft, pick the best player available regardless of position. If Robinson or Drummond are the bpa at our spot, pick them, and then we can make a trade later on.
JC isn't going to stay to be a back-up and I certainly hope he doesn't. He's very under rated around the league and saying that would I amnesty him? If I couldn't trade him and there was a potential to pick up a good young player then hell yes I would amnesty him. Whatever works best for the team. Besides I would rather see JC go on and have a chance at a title than piss what good few years he has left riding pine in TO. IMO he's earned that.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote