Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - ESPN: Draft fits for the Raptors
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #61 (permalink)
DocHoliday99
is pounding the rock!

Membres supérieurs

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!!! View Post
Rivers is ok but will not be a PG at the next level. Rivers reminds me of Mayo. He's decent but doesn't possess the court vision, ball handling skills or playmaking to be a PG or even be like Monta or Crawford. Second, Tyreke is not a SF. SAK are just messing up his game. Honestly, he's a SG. He has great size at SG, and possessess good skills for that position.

PS: In a lineup of Goran, Mayo/Rivers, Tyreke, Bargs, JonasV - Where is the rebounding going to come from? I am open to trading Bargs as he has only had what, one good 13-20 game stretch in 6 years. He still can't rebound and defend, he isn't the best athlete, can't handle the mins Casey will give him and you need a rebounding SF to make up for his lack thereof. Also, speaking of a good stretch of games, as much as we've all been enamoured with Goran, if Houston feels the same way about him and wants to resign him, we should trade for Lowry. He was basically Houston's all star, is pretty solid defensively, can dish and score. He can also rebound pretty well for a PG and would fit perfectly in Casey's system. Also, Lowry will make much much less $ than Goran will. Which is good as BC wants to preserve cap space.
I don't think anyone here said the Raps should draft rivers to be a pg...I would like him here as a SG which is why I like Goran so much - looks for others more than his own shot - and I thought it would be a nice 1-2. However saying that, IMO I think Rivers could develop into a pg - but not for awhile.

On a side note, drafting Marshall is not a bad idea and go for Mayo for the 2 (The raps need a shooter here to offset Marshall and thats not Tyreke or DD).

In either case, I would love it if the Raps could somehow get Iggy.
DocHoliday99 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote