Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - NBL thread
Thread: NBL thread
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
bjjs
a baller

Representing:

First season was a huge success because it was professional bball, very good value ($20tickets), and responsible ownership groups focusing on the long-term.

I could take my 2 year old son with me to a game as a last minute decision because it only cost $40.

Montreal is looking like a strong possibility...

Ontario cities hungry for own NBL franchises | Basketball | Sports | London Free Press

Quebec Kebs (Quebec City) moving - either Montreal, Sherbrooke, or even Kingston with apparently the city of Kingston considering buying the team.

Quote:
“The teams have to be strong financially or they won’t get in,” London Lightning owner Vito Frijia said. “The reason most minor league basketball teams fail in the United States is because they are underfunded and when they have any types of problems they can’t deal with it . . . In our league, I don’t want to hear about players not getting paid or hotels not getting paid. That’s not what the NBL is all about.”

Detroit Group submitted application for a team in Windsor. Nobody in Windsor has any idea who they are.

Windsor hoops team in the mix

The commish had to step down due to family emergency. League looking for a replacement. Not a big deal since the owners are very active within the league.

NBL of Canada commish steps down due to family emergency
bjjs is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote