Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Casey miracle
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 11:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moremilk View Post
I disagree, personally I wish he would have arrived one year later, casey alone may cost us 5-6 spots in the draft and a once in a generation chance at a historic player (if Davis turns out as good as some claim - he's considered the best prospect since lebron james these days, at least on espn). At least he didn't cost us JV, who may end up quite a player himself.
Yeah - there is that. Maybe he came at just the right time.

I'm with bjjs though - miracle is the wrong word. A miracle would have been Triano getting any kind of defensive results.

And there is still a long way to go for this team to improve defensively. At this point they are simply putting an end to making it easy for opposing teams. And that can get you to a point where you're better than roughly half the league one way or another, if you stick to it consistently. What provides reason for my excitement is the fact that it is not about miracles, and a lot of good is yet to come, regardless of where the ping pong balls fall, as long as the GM doesn't prove incompetent. And to complete the circle - wasting so much time with JT as coach does not really speak well to his competency level. I do believe BC is able to live off what DC brings, and hopefully enhance that, so I won't get too caught up in hindsight.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote