Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The Casey miracle
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #11 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptorman View Post
Making the playoffs isnt a high enough standard (are we Leaf fans?)

Being a competitive relevant team is what we should strive for.

And I believe DC can get us there.
Yep - that's what I see as a real possibility. Not a team that will rely on big talent from one or two guys to carry them to mediocrity if lucky, but a team that plays the right way together to make the most of whatever talent lies within each one of them, and allowing for talent to be revealed in unexpected places year after year.

The guys right now are sorely outmatched and yet they look like they want to win each game more than their opponents. That fight within a team-first framework gets you to the playoffs with just a little more talent than what is here already. But more importantly, it makes it easier to get to the level above that.

I love how well-prepared these guys are, and how far they've come in terms of paying attention to detail, and ensuring that their individual weaknesses are minimized. Now just inject a few really solid pieces in the mix and let's go.

The only thing that I dislike about what we've seen this year, is the sense that so much time was wasted under Triano. I wish Casey had arrived a year earlier.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote