Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Today in Raptorland - 10/27/08
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 08:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dr. J. Naismith
convinced that Raptors fans are only happy when they're unhappy.

Retired Administrator

Representing:
Default Today in Raptorland - 10/27/08

Drills pick up with Moon back

Quote:
The sophomore small forward was back in action yesterday shaking off a strained Achilles that kept him out the day before and giving Raptors head coach Sam Mitchell enough healthy bodies to run some 5-on-5 drills for a change.

At least Mitchell was able to until late in the practice when Jason Kapono was involved in a collision and left to receive some treatment.

Mitchell did not consider it serious.
Bosh flicks on practice light

Quote:
"I used to tell him all the time: The difference between Kevin Garnett and 98% of the rest of the league is that Kevin plays like he practises," Mitchell said. "Chris is getting that. I think that light came on. If you want to be better than just an all-star and take this team to another level, you have to be more like that and he has done that."

In Mitchell's book, Bosh has entered the NBA elite with his new practice habits.

New voice of Raps plugged in, charged up

Quote:
The new television voice of the Toronto Raptors hasn't been here very long, but he's already plugged in to the controversies on the local scene.

Matt Devlin, who won the job vacated by Chuck Swirsky, is a Rogers customer and hopes his cable supplier can work out a deal on TSN2 before the digital channel airs its first of 25 Raptors games.

"I just hope that come that first day everything has been worked out with TSN2, for the fans' sake," says Devlin.
Bosh makes practice perfect

Quote:
"I've grown mentally as a player over this past summer and everything. Just being in that environment broadened my perspective a little bit, and I just started thinking more," he said. "That's what we've been talking about a lot in the past, he (Mitchell) is always telling me how I need to be a better practice player, make sure I push the guys and push myself to get better in practice. I really took that to heart and I'm really taking advantage of being healthy right now."
Raps find bodies for scrimmage

Quote:
"I didn't expect Jamario to practise, I told him to take another day if he needed it," said Mitchell.

Hassan Adams (shoulder), Will Solomon (hamstring) and Nathan Jawai (cardiac irregularities) remain on the shelf, leaving Toronto with the bare minimum of able bodies.

Bosh can join league's elite, Mitchell says

Quote:
"Chris is, I think now, trying to elevate himself to be one of the top players in the NBA," said Mitchell, Bosh's coach for the past four seasons. "To where people start talking about first, second-team all-NBA, I think he's trying to elevate himself to that point."

O'Neal a rapturous Raptor

Quote:
"I just wanted to think just about basketball and address my personal and physical issues and just get better," O'Neal said. "I got an opportunity to go to a team that I actually wrote down on my [wish] list. I got the opportunity to go a classy organization. Great people. Great fan support.

"[The Raptors] have a president in Brian Colangelo I've talked to more than I talked to [the Pacers' Larry] Bird in five years. You feel wanted."

Thaddeus Young out again

Quote:
Young, who had been penciled in as the 76ers' starting small forward, said afterward that "there are no doubts about Wednesday," which is the opening night of the regular season.

The Sixers play the Toronto Raptors in the home opener, currently scheduled for 7 p.m., but which could be bumped up an hour, to 6 p.m., if the Phillies are playing Game 6 of the World Series.

Sixers center Samuel Dalembert, who returned to practice Saturday, took part in nearly the entire practice.
Sunshine Girl - 10/27/08

Dr. J. Naismith is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote