Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Safe No More - The Real Raps Emerge
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 01:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BballWatcher View Post
To Jose's defense (and I'm not trying to be a Jose apologist all over these boards), he's the only active true PG right now. He's conserving his energy because all of a sudden he's playing 40+ minutes a night.

When Juan Dixon is the only guy spotting you off the bench, you need to save some gas for the 4th quarter.
------

To further back up Jose (I swear, I'm not related to him in any way), he's also only a 3rd year player.

I feel TJ has a lot of growing left to do, and has improved a lot in a season with us. Yet, he actually has more NBA experience than Jose! So if TJ gets the his 'decision making will improve in time' mulligan, then I'll grant Jose a 'he will know when to pick his spots and attack the defense' credit as well.
That's exactly what I was already agreeing to. And both pgs should get a mulligan, as should pretty much the whole team. But Jose did reveal his decision-making abilities when he pushed the ball and drove into the paint last season. I've always thought he was ahead of TJ in terms of his development in that area, while TJ was ahead in terms of being consistently competitive in all situations. More experience for both is just going to be a good thing for this team. Keep them both, and nobody should ever feel like they are being an apologist for either one, or start thinking that either one is all that they will ever be just yet. Leave that to dumbasses like Hollinger.
LX is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote