Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bargs Of Arc.
Thread: Bargs Of Arc.
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 11:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

I find it a little funny that Sam was criticised often for not using Bargnani properly by getting him shots in the paint and the post. Now he's criticised for having done just that.

To me - Bargnani just has to stop trying to be a great player yesterday. He's been at his best this season when he works well within the team game, on both ends. In other games, like against Portland, I think he tries too hard to establish his greatness. He knows he is better than Roy or Aldridge, and he wants the world to know. But basketball doesn't work that way for most players. You need your team to make things easier for you, and then you can capitalize on that to show your greatness. It's about taking advantage of what is there, instead of forcing shit that is not there.

He still pissed me off with letting the ball bounce off of him all night under the boards. He should have had another four or five rebounds, and that would have made up for a lot of the imbalance that was evident in that department. He just still has to get the drive and hunger to grab the ones that don't fall into his lap. Then we're talking about something. And I think that is in him. He is a young guy.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote