Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - T.J. Ford Update
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 10:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Torontosaurus
waiting for the Masai-a

on ihateus

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by •LX• View Post
I can see TJ taking on a little lesser role (or just a different role really) due to him and the team wanting to ensure that his career doesn't go off course due to health concerns. I think it might be considered best if he plays all out as usual, but for a few less minutes, and maybe a little less pressure on him. He could be a great sixth man, and play small minutes in games where he wasn't needed so much (especially on defense), and bigger minutes, including the end of games where that is more appropriate. But we'll have to see.
I completely agree with this. As great as TJ is, he is only valuable to this team if can contribute over the long-term and be on the court when needed and not retired due to injury. He could be really good in a sixth man role, something like what Barbosa is doing in Phoenix with slightly fewer minutes but with strong impact and energy off the bench. The downside is he might have to abandon his all-star ambitions, but the positive is that you would get the best of what both Jose and TJ have to offer and a great chance to get this team to the next level. The question would be, could he accept such a role for the sake of the team...
Torontosaurus is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote