Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - The NBA 10 years ago....
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 12:54 AM   #13 (permalink)
Ball Don't Lie
We going to the 'ship!

Representing:

The 2000s were great as the early 2000s is when I really started getting in to ball, but todays game just has a better flow and ball movement overall. The early 2000s were better in terms of individual matchups because there was a lot more iso ball as it was early in the new zone age where most teams didnt scheme to zone a side of the floor that the star was on and play these crazy defences they play nowadays so you saw Tmac and Iverson go at it everytime down. Most teams were still running the same stuff pre zone implimentation days as they did after for a few years anyway then things started to change and the defences became more active and more about covering an area of the floor.

The great teams back then though were probably more fun to watch though just because they're some of the better teams built in the last 20 years. The 2001 Lakers especially were unbelieveable. My favorite team though was the Kings. Their offensive system was pure magic. Bibby Christie Peja Webber and Divac with their tough gritty bench with Jackson and an aggressive Turkoglu, just by far the most fun team ever to watch for me anyways. Their high post offence was the best run offence ever with the pieces they had, everything just clicked and they were so smooth and seemed to always make the right, and great, passes. Its just too bad the refs robbed them of what was rightfully theirs, the title.
Ball Don't Lie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote