Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Your Top 3 Draft Prospects For The Raptors?
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
Grizz
waiting for his team to return

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSWC View Post
But with my 3rd pick, I go a little bit of a different route than most, and I go with

Sullinger

While, I don't know how having 2 rookie Cs would work, at the very least, I do this from an asset perspective. I think Sullinger will surprise a lot of people in the NBA, and when people look back at the draft - there will be some "why did we pick this guy based on potential, when Sully was still on the board".

I think he'll be somewhat of a hybrid between Kevin Love, Big Baby, Randolph and DeJuan Blair. Also, from an asset management point of view, Cs are always more coveted.
Sullinger is not a C, so that wouldn't really be an issue. The guy is 6'9 and plays below the rim. He also struggles with bigger and more athletic defenders. That scares me enough to not touch him in the top 5. Undersized college big men that can't block shots struggle in the NBA. I'm not happy if I get Big baby or Blair in the top 5.
Grizz is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote