Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bargnani beyond the arc
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
LOG
is pounding the rock!

Representing:

I don't mind guys like Caldy, Kleiza, Forbes(maybe), Bayless, shooting 3's as long as they are not chucking them. But Bargs shooting 3's (especially contested ones) was always a mystery to me. He was never a good consistent shooter from beyond the arc and he never will be. Another thing is that he takes too many contested mid range shots, which is a problem not only with Bargs, but most of the team leaders in the nba( but lets worry about our own problems)
I will try to explain what I mean, example: Bargs takes a contested shot early on the shot clock (there's probably 25-30% possibility of making it) vs passing to someone else or driving closer to the basket and earning roughly 60% chance of scoring (either score or draw a foul) Some will say, ''but he can make those'' sure he can but that is not a reason to seatle for a bad shot when there is a better option. Bottom line is we loose a lot of points because of those kind of shots, and Casey should stress that a lot.
LOG is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote