Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Air Canada strike
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:

As an Air Canada employee I tip my cap to the both of you.

I can assure that what the unions are currently TRYING to fight for are not "unreasonable demands centered around greed" (as some are leading the public to believe).

Every single union worker agreed to significant concessions over the past 5-10 years (wage freezes, loss of shift premiums, loss of paid vacation time) in order to keep the airline "profitable".

What's made the front-line workers irate is that fact upper management types have still been lining their pockets with MILLIONS of dollars that they company supposedly "doesn't have". Our current CEO is for a $5M bonus at the end of next month I believe.... and Robert Milton (our former CEO) walked away with about $100M when he gave up the job. Add in to that the company's complete fuck-up and lack of responsibility in regards to the pension plan (they just didn't bother to pay into it for YEARS) and it's easy to see why people are pissed.

It's a shame though that the customers are the ones that are often the most inconvenienced when things like this come up.... but if management is unwilling to negotiate in good faith then it really doesn't leave a whole lot of other options available.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote