Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Atlanta Raptors
Thread: Atlanta Raptors
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 01:44 AM   #43 (permalink)
neojiphre
cool

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzabby View Post
the argument isn't that Bargnani is untouchable, but rather he is untouchable if you don't get equal value in return, which i'm guessing is true in most cases. Sure Bargnani for Durant would be awesome, but do you think it'd happen?
Of course not, let's be realistic here.

Quote:
Now Bargnani for Josh smith (if he agrees to an extension) would be worth considering, but I doubt Atlanta would put that on the table. Most teams in the NBA undervalue bargs, or i'm guessing,
The problem is that some people in this forum think Bargs is such a rare talent that we can't live without, when he's really like Bosh. He's not "a #1 option that we shouldn't trade". Do you think BC made the right choice of keeping Bosh at the deadline? Nobody knew better, so at that time it was the right choice, but my point is that we shouldn't be infatuated with mediocrity, as fans we should expect better from our team, we're paying for it anyway. Now, a guy like Davis comes along and you pass him up because Bargs is already playing 4? Really, that's it? We need to make the most of what we have, just because a guy can put up stats but never his team to the top doesn't mean we shouldn't look for a change.

Quote:
or else BC would've pulled the plug had the right deal came in. He's no idiot, he's a good GM.
Really, like when BC hardly worked anyone else out in 06 and just drafted Bargnani...5 years on, where are we now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
24 and 7? Make it 19 and 6.
Oh the exaggeration was to make the point clearer, that's his stats when the Raps win.

Last edited by neojiphre; 03-23-2012 at 01:46 AM.
neojiphre is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote