Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Atlanta Raptors
Thread: Atlanta Raptors
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 11:02 PM   #41 (permalink)
pzabby
and a 1, and a 2, and a 1,2,3,4!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neojiphre View Post
I've mentioned that Davis can contribute immediately, can impact the team as soon as he's on the floor because of his skillset. He has quickness and length and would be a good anchor on the defensive end, playing in Casey's hedge and recover system. He's showing an offensive game that is decent but not spectacular and will come around even more by playing hard on defense. Also, it's not said and done that he cannot play with Bargnani...split the minutes between them, let's see who plays better (although this would slow down the rebuilding process). It's just that, by trading the top pick (if we ever get it), it would be difficult to net an equal return.

And what has Bargs done to make him untouchable? I know who he is, but I don't really know what's going on too much with him. I don't even know what he's done. Like, I have no idea what you guys are talking about...I don't even know what the fuck is going on. What the fuck is going on? Who is this kid? I've heard about him and stuff like that, but what's he been doing? Is he getting like triple doubles or some shit? He's averaging 24 and 7 rpg in a 15 win Raptor team? No shit...Jesus Christ. Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
the argument isn't that Bargnani is untouchable, but rather he is untouchable if you don't get equal value in return, which i'm guessing is true in most cases. Sure Bargnani for Durant would be awesome, but do you think it'd happen? Now Bargnani for Josh smith (if he agrees to an extension) would be worth considering, but I doubt Atlanta would put that on the table. Most teams in the NBA undervalue bargs, or i'm guessing, or else BC would've pulled the plug had the right deal came in. He's no idiot, he's a good GM. We had 47 wins in 06-07, the year he came in, and he made pheonix a 60 win team for a couple seasons.
pzabby is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote