Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Atlanta Raptors
Thread: Atlanta Raptors
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 02:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo View Post
Serious question.

It is usually stud players who close out games, get calls, make their teamates better and in most cases, just win.
Yup. And those players don't grow on trees. The Raps' organization has existed for fewer than 20 years and they've already had 2 studs, Carter and T-Mac, and and top level 2nd option in Bosh.

Statistically, we've had our chance. It just got fucked up by the players chosing to leave.

You could make a good case that we had the talent in place to get to the finals 2 or 3 times. We never fully saw what Carter, Tmac and Davis could do together. And we never fully saw what Carter and an experienced Bosh could do together.

What the fuck ya' gonna do? That's life. It would almost be too greedy to expect to have that degree of talent fall into our laps again so frequently.

Seriously. With 30 teams in the league, you can't expect to get a championship level 1-2 punch every 5-6 years.

Quote:
We can't even agree on the worth of a guy like Deron Williams.
That's irrelevant to reality, because he wouldn't come here.

Quote:
So if this rebuild just has us peaking as a 2nd tier contender like the Atlanta Hawks, is that good enough for Raps fans? 4th to 8th seed for 6 years and then back to the drawing board? That's respectable, but is that what folks
are looking for?
The thing is, Atlanta could have been better than they are/were. There was potential for them to be even better, had they done a couple of moves differently. There were a lot of "what ifs".

I like what Indiana is doing. Philly is also putting together some decent pieces. Those teams are one move, or some good internal growth, away from being good teams. They don't have elite studs, although they have an all-star.

I'd be thrilled if we could get to where Indiana and Philly are at...and potentially going.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote