Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Simply Put: Fans Ruin Mullinís Moment
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #16 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfulpanda View Post
if you read the article you would have known they booed the wrong guy. this lacob guy has only been the owner since 2010. all the decades of horrible warriors basketball was because of the previous owner. lacob has been trying hard to change the culture, he's a good guy.
With all due respect, if you read that article, it's debateable as to whether Lacob is anything more than talk. From one perspective, his recent moves are just a continuation of the historic fuckups. No change; just more of the same. Put another way, same shit, same smell, different color. It's still shit.

-In 2010/11, Keith Smart increased the Warriors win total by 10 in his rookie season as a coach. Progress was being made - Lacob fired him in favour a coach with zero experience.

-From a cap perspective, the team is being sloppy with its finances. They amnestied an expiring, one year deal worth $4 mill. They should have amnestied the 3 year, 27 million contract of Biedrins.

-They trade Jackson's 2 year deal (expiring next year) for Jefferson's bloated 3 year deal. All they got out of it was a really late 1st.

Right now, they're obviously tanking, despite early season talks about turning it around as quick as possible. And they need to tank hard to keep their pick. The Warriors are basically unofficially shooting for huge losing streaks the rest of the season.

It's quite easy to see the recent moves as just a continuation of past blunders that never result in progress.

I like Bogut and Curry, and feel bad for the Warriors' fans, so I hope AB and Curry come back at least close to 90% next year and give the fans some hope. For the fans sake, I hope Lacob ends up looking like a mad genius.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote