Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raptor fans group
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 07:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Nick17
waiting for Big V to come to T.O.

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fancylad View Post
...........there's a completely different culture when it comes to being at a sporting event here and in Europe. and a big change like that will probably never happen. It will never happen on its own and i can't see the teams or the leagues encouraging it. North American sports are marketed as family friendly events...................
Although I don't think that a European/Ultras style of support is necessarily opposed to a family friendly event. People see the hooligan behaviour of certain soccer crowds and tar all soccer fans and all sports with the same brush.

Here in the UK for example, we have lots of vocal support, flags and banners etc etc at Rugby League games; especially those involving Wigan and St Helens, yet there is probably no sport in the world that is more geared to families than RL ......... it prides itself on its family atmosphere.

However I agree with you, that if it isn't part of the culture, it'll probably never take off.
Nick17 is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote