Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Caldy and Derozan modeling camoflouge unis
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 09:02 PM   #32 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

smh.

a 'troop' just finished killing 17 afghan men, women and children for no apparent reason.

look, these are all humans, filled with hopes and dreams, faults and successes. they make excellent decisions and terrible ones, positive impacts and negative ones. so to package them all together as a single entity is inappropriate, and the stuff you just posted is a perfect example of the propagandistic nature of the way the military is portrayed.

i support all kinds of individuals and criticize all kinds of others. what i try not to do is give automatic approvals to large groups comprised of vastly different individuals. and what i definitely do not to is accept an obligation to support groups just because i am told that i am patriotic for doing so and somehow a poor citizen for not doing so.

and beyond that, what i'm really not cool with, is being told i have to mix my entertainment with that obligation or i am taking things for granted. that's simply nonsensical.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote