Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Caldy and Derozan modeling camoflouge unis
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #31 (permalink)
Ammo
T. Ross IS The Phantom Menace.

Lackey

Representing:

All opinion, but.......

1. I don't think the jerseys are that ugly, but probably would have looked better in desert style camo.

2. Let's not have as narrow view of the military that it amounts to a war in Iraq or a recent 20 years of actions. And plenty of groups and races have their day at Raptor games.

I can't say I have a problem with supporting Canadian troops per se.

Let's be blunt.

"Troops" helped to make it so that many of the players we now watch in the NBA were no longer considered chattel and cattle to be kidnappped, raped, abuse, forced into slavery or murdered. Yeah, I said it.

Troops helped to make it so that a dictator cannot arbitrarliy decide who is a superior race and who should have freaky experiments performed on them, or be gassed or shot.

And "troops" allow me or anyone else to sit in a comfortable home and say that without being dragged off to a dungeon to be tortured because someone does not agree with me.

Canadian troops helped with some of these things. Some died for it an I'd hate to think their families thought I took it for granted.
Ammo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote