Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Karma
Thread: Karma
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #24 (permalink)
'trane
www.torontoraptorsforum.com

giant steps

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
So Jesus did not have doubt? Doubting Thomas did not have doubt? Buddhists do not negate certainty at every step? Meanwhile, does science, particularly in seeking out the origins and basic principles of how the universe works, not rely on faith more and more, in needing to establish theories that simply cannot be proven. For decades we thought we were approaching an ability to come up with unifying principles that could be verified. Now there is a requirement of faith.

Nothing can be demonstrated as an absolute truth. So do we not act at all? I'm actually ok with that myself. I think humans get way too caught up with the need to act on the world. Ultimately it is power that matters more than anything else, and for me, as long as power is not exercised in the name of absolute truths, and allows for me to seek out truths on my own terms while remaining malleable and responsive to collective needs of all sorts, then I can live with it for the most part.
i don't think you understand what faith or science mean if you really stand by that post.

science that does not accept doubt or analysis is bad science, by definition. faith that accepts unlimited questioning is not faith, by definition.

and no one knows what jesus thought (if even existed), so whether or not he doubted is irrelevant.

Last edited by 'trane; 03-12-2012 at 01:56 PM.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key