Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - D. Smith: Stefanski very important right now
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is the baby faced assassin

Banned

Representing:
D. Smith: Stefanski very important right now

LOL

Quote:
I say this only partially in jest but the most important man in the Raptors organization this week could very well be Ed Stefanski.

Thats because hes the guy whos going to be disconnecting the phone when Bryan tries and you know he will to get in on every transaction going leading up to Thursdays trade deadline.

The jesting part comes because I know Bryan does really believe in his plan, which is to see how this season unfolds without jeopardizing a summer when hell have lots of money to spend depending on whether they use the amnesty clause and which free agents they renounce they could have between $10 million and $20 million go and spend.

But I also know Bryan well enough to realize that the art of the deal is something hes quite fond of and I know hell at least be exploring stuff to get involved with. He cant help himself, we always joke, and its a bit true.

However, even with Jose out and the struggles that will mean and with a team absorbing losses at a rapid rate, Bryan needs to spend this week taking a series of deep breaths and wondering what next season might look like with Valanciunas, a free agent or two, the core guys hes got now and another high draft pick.

I dont know precisely where these guys will be spending every waking hour between now and Thursday but wherever Bryan is, Ed needs to be.
Doug Smith's Sports Blog
jeffb is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote