Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Karma
Thread: Karma
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #19 (permalink)
LX
synapse jelly

In the Paint

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'trane View Post
well it matters a lot if we are acting socially, morally and politically based on fairly tales. especially when they are competing fairy tales and people are willing to risk it all to defend them.
So what matters so much then - the fact that we act based on human constructs, or the need for some, and I emphasize some, to defend them as though they represent certain absolute truths, whether received from a greater power or gathered from an objectivity that lies beyond our abilities in an absolute sense? To me problems arise with regard to beliefs, which are dogmatic, as opposed to faith, which allows for and requires doubt and extends to all models of the all and everything.

Faith is faith is faith, and multiple faiths have co-existed peacefully and on equal terms all over the place through all of history. Fundamentalsts and extremists are the squeaky wheels that get all the press. I don't see a lot of those types talking about things like karma.
LX is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote