Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Karma
Thread: Karma
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 12:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopha View Post
So in that regard, all religions are wrong and it is wrong to practice those beliefs?
definitely.

edit - i should be clear instead of just being provocative.

we do not know (and in many cases probably cannot know) whether religious beliefs are objectively true or false. so it is incorrect to say that they are wrong in that sense. but the lack of really knowing is exactly why they are so damaging. they lead people to cling to false hope, they lead people to insist (often with violent and tragic consequences) on acting on and imposing figments of imagination. they rob people of freedom to choose and freedom to analyze. the spirituality is not the problem, the faith is.

i have said elsewhere on this site that the only place for faith in public discourse is as entertainment. believe what you want, but the moment your belief has an impact on someone else you should have to give evidence to back it up. any social, political or moral action based on faith is ludicrous and an affront to any social order that welcomes differece.

Last edited by 'trane; 03-12-2012 at 12:40 PM.
'trane is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote