Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Karma
Thread: Karma
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 09:45 AM   #7 (permalink)
'trane
I believe in Masai!

giant steps

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopha View Post
What do you mean by evidence from the universe?
i don't understand your question. i don't know where i asked for evidence from the universe. perhaps i am being too literal in interpreting your question.

when i state that i would like to see evidence, what i mean is that i would like to see a testable hypothesis, with some details and, preferably, a proof. if there is such a thing as karma, you would have to show me considerable evidence that good things happen to good people, and bad things to bad people. it would have to be consistent (ie that bad things don't happen to good people) and it would have to be proven that it is something other than relationship building and that it had its origins outside of humanity. you would also have to show that right and wrong are objective and naturally occurring, and that the 'universe' can somehow be conscious of these concepts. also, you would have to show that the universe can be present and can somehow act on its determination of right and wrong.

that would be a start, anyways.
'trane is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote