Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Bogut available?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2012, 03:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Bill Haverchuck
the gat'll killya quicker, when I'm drunk off the liquor

The Mara sisters are hot!

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
I wonder if the Lakers would make a move for him, just for the sake of making a move.

Jackson would be able to play the 3 spot for them and Bogut would give them that defensive edge in the paint that I think they're missing.

You'd likely see Ebanks, Bynum and maybe Walton going the other way for the contracts to make sense.
From a longterm perspective, that could be serious trade rape. I'm with 007. In my opinion, you don't trade away a 24 year old all-star center just for the sake of making a move. You trade Bynum if you're getting Dwight, or a young stud wing/PG. I think the Lakers are going to want to make sure they have an important young piece in place when they have to make the transition from the Kobe era. The Lakers probably want to re-load, not rebuild, when Kobe is doen.

You look to trade Gasol before you ever consider Bynum, especially now that Bynum is putting a lot of the injury concerns to rest by having his body hold up against one of the most rigorous scheds in recent sports history. Bynum and Bogut are going in completely different directions. Bynum is getting stronger, while Bogut's body seems prone to constant injury. I love Bogut but, if I'm Mitch K, I don't do that trade.
Bill Haverchuck is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote