Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Casey's assessment of our roster
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2012, 05:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
jeffb
is praying Ross makes us forget Drummomd so people stop whining

Representing:
Raptors Casey's assessment of our roster

17Mil?

This makes me think we'll trade our pick in a package to gain some toughness + experience.

Quote:
Now 39 games into the season, Casey has a pretty good feel for what he has and what he doesn’t and without mentioning any names, gave a pretty good indication of what he is going to be looking for in the off-season when Bryan Colangelo taps into that $17 million or so he has at his disposal in free agency.

First and foremost Casey wants guys
who knows the league and aren’t shy when things get physical.

“Experience along with the young guys coming in is going to be important,” Casey said. “I don’t think we can bring in a lot of young guys in next season and expect to make the big steps that we want to make next year. I think we’ll be looking for experienced guys, guys who are tough, battle tested and been through the wars, I think that is important and I know Bryan has his eye on some guys who are going to be free agents next year.”

So forget the young improving guys. Casey already has those. He wants tried and tested.

“Mostly toughness and shooting are two of the keys,” he said. “We have a big man coming in, we have some perimeter players that are going through the natural progression of improvement with DeMar (DeRozan) getting stronger and bigger. James Johnson’s improvement. We’ve got some pretty good pieces as far as that’s concerned.”
Raptors torch Rockets | Basketball | Sports | Toronto Sun

Last edited by jeffb; 03-08-2012 at 05:19 PM.
jeffb is online now   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote