Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - every raptor is a keeper...?
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 08:13 PM   #57 (permalink)
Chiggmo
rootin for the eagles, boise state, the leafs, raps, and jays

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LX View Post
Personally, I'd say Jose would be the last guy to qualify as a keeper, with Bargnani not far behind. Those guys can be converted to some of the talent that is wanted and needed. Jose has played a stretch where he has played full-court games and ignited the offense, but it's still outside of his natural tendencies. Lat night he fell back into pulling up on the fast break, and failing to turn the corner or penetrate with any real intentions. For the value that he might be able to bring back, it would be too easy to trade him and look for any other pg to fill his role, likely with better defense. Bargnani could bring back even more, while allowing team defense to become that much more stifling in his absence.

The team I see taking shape is one that gets stops and gets points off that defense as well as executing well as a unit on offense. Bargnani, Jose, Barbosa, and Bayless would be the easy targets as guys that could be moved to help get them get closer to that goal. Guys like JJ, Amir, and Kleiza could be guys that might need to be included in deals. Ed is not going anywhere at this point. He has a chance to become an impact guy. And Demar isn't going to bring that much back relative to what he still might provide.
Regarding Jose thats kind of what I meant, keep him for value as a trade asset if nothing good enough comes our way this year. Shop him next year at the deadline hoping he has another productive year next year, also being an expiring you never know what kind of interest there could be.

Out of the rest, I'd love it if we could keep JJ for a solid guy off the bench, love his game.
Chiggmo is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote