Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Raps interested in Jamal Crawford
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 11:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
EggsToTheBBQ
useless

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffb View Post
Why not if he's not going to pickup his option anyway. If we trade Barbosa for an asset we could get Crawford for probably little.
I highly doubt he will pick up his option. He's worth more than $5m per year in free agency. So, he'll be a rental for the remainder of the year, and an expiring contract, which doesn't really make much sense for the Raptors at this point.

On the other hand, I imagine that the reason why the Raptors are interested is that they think he will sign with them after the season is over. In that case, he would be Barbosa's replacement for next year.

I think that this move kind of makes sense in that light, unless you have faith in Bayless as the SG off the bench. Also, another option to replace Barbosa is to draft a SG. Because those other options are available, I wouldn't do the deal unless it was for a piece that doesn't fit in the future plans of the team (Barbosa, Gray, Magloire for example).
EggsToTheBBQ is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote