Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - every raptor is a keeper...?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2012, 08:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
DSWC
only wearing black until something darker comes along

Representing:

I don't know about everybody being a"keeper", but I really do like this team.

This year was about development from the start, and I like what the team's been showing.

Going into this season, (besides the gaping hole at C - which hopefully should be in part on its way to being corrected next year with JV), our two biggest weaknesses were at PG and SF.

I've really liked Jose this year, and am hoping that if we don't trade him away, that we keep him until he expires, and sign him to another contract - but this time at backup type $.

As far as the SF position, I don't know if it's THAT big of a weakness, with the way that James Johnson has played this year. If Bargs, DeRozan and Jose (add JV to the mix) all continue to need shots, I don't mind a defensive SF that focuses on his role. I also really like Kleiza as an offensive option off of the bench and mentor to JV too.

I don't think you turn down any MAJOR upgrade in a trade-deadline move, but I don't mind riding out the stretch with this team as constructed.

What I'd like to see going in to the summer, is Gray re-signed, even Barbosa re-signed (as a spark off of the bench, but to a significantly smaller contract). I'd also like to see the Raps (depending on the draft number too), to try and pull a move that's not seen in basketball that often, but trade down (while picking up assets - perhaps a vet), and then even trade down again - to pick up one of the PGs (even Kabongo). A healthy Bargnani - the way he performed so far this year - plus some upgrades, could put us on the right track going in to next year.

Last edited by DSWC; 03-04-2012 at 08:53 PM.
DSWC is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote