Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rondo for Curry has been discussed
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #19 (permalink)
Acie
landry fields forever

Administrator

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORaptor4Ever View Post
Ripping on Rondo for his FTs is weak given everything else that he brings to the table. Maybe you're OK with going foward with Bayless at the PG spot... I'm not. I love Jose but I know that he's not in our future plans. Rondo is a clear upgrade at that spot and fits in with our coach's defense-first mentality. Not sure how it gets any better than that.

Players can change when they're put in a new situation. Happens all the time. I know that quite a few of us were skeptical about Beasley because of the rumours about him but as far as I know he's been great for Minny. Bargs sucked donkey balls for YEARS on the defensive end and had the intensity of a wet blanket until Casey came in and reached him.

When you have the chance to grab solid talent at arguably the most important position on the floor you take it.
Yes, going forward Bayless is our only option....*sigh*

Beasley wasn't as destructive a teammate, he likes to smoke pot and not suprisingly, he's been caught doing it again while in Minny and they are now looking to trade him.

How did a change of scenery work for Isaiah Rider?

Listen, just because you have a hard on for a guy doesn't mean you shouldn't try and objectively look at the situation. Are you prepared to gut the roster and give up say JV and or/DD, an unprotected lottery pick or two and Barbosa? For a guy that's going to potentially come in and fued with the coach, anger and alienate his teammates and isn't even an elite player at his position. It's a gamble I wouldn't be prepared to take.
Acie is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote