Raptors Forum | Toronto Raptors Forums & Message Boards - View Single Post - Rondo for Curry has been discussed
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
TORaptor4Ever
"Fake All-Star"

Representing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acie View Post
Yeah, great comparison. Anthony Carter or Rondo...duh. Rondo is not going to be replacing our 36 year old 3rd string PG.

I don't care how much talent he has, although I actually prefer a PG who doesn't have Shaq like FT numbers...bringing in a guy like him at the price the Celts would be asking would prove disasterous for a young rebuilding team like the Raps. Not only in the assets we'd be forced to dole out, but the effect he would have in the locker room. And I'm sure you will take him warts and all after what you've seen, but you don't think if a guy like Doc Rivers who has played and coached in the NBA for nearly 30 years, Danny Ainge who's seen and done it all in the NBA and three future HOF teammates can't get through to him and are ready to wave the white flag that he's ever going to change.
Ripping on Rondo for his FTs is weak given everything else that he brings to the table. Maybe you're OK with going foward with Bayless at the PG spot... I'm not. I love Jose but I know that he's not in our future plans. Rondo is a clear upgrade at that spot and fits in with our coach's defense-first mentality. Not sure how it gets any better than that.

Players can change when they're put in a new situation. Happens all the time. I know that quite a few of us were skeptical about Beasley because of the rumours about him but as far as I know he's been great for Minny. Bargs sucked donkey balls for YEARS on the defensive end and had the intensity of a wet blanket until Casey came in and reached him.

When you have the chance to grab solid talent at arguably the most important position on the floor you take it.
TORaptor4Ever is offline   Boss Key Wife Key Reply With Quote